Luxury Dementia Care Home
Our home has been re-designed and refurbished specially to provide the highest quality dementia care with innovative concepts and facilities to give enjoyment, interaction and stimulation to our residents . Offering 36 bedrooms designed with their needs in mind.
Our staff are trained in dementia care and have taken part in the ground- breaking virtual tour.
The care we offer is person- centred to ensure the needs of each individual in our care is suited to their own needs, rather than somebody else’s.
Our activity co-ordinator ensures that meaning and relevant activity is a daily occurrence at Newfield Lodge much of which will revolve around reminiscence activities.
Memory stations are situated throughout so that families can support their loved ones and encourage them to live in the moment that they are in whilst embracing the memories that they have.
Our care team at Newfield Lodge value each resident and work with residents friends and families to build lasting relationships and ensure they have as much time as they require to meet our residents needs.
Newfield Lodge benefits from a previous conversion which provided it with extremely large bedrooms and en-suite facilities. Many bedrooms are large enough (23m2 excluding additional en-suite) to allow residents to bring their own furniture or items of sentimental value should they desire. The whole building has a feeling of spaciousness with wide corridors and light, airy lounge areas.
Newfield Lodge also benefits from the following facilities:
- We have a specially created sensory room with specialist dementia wall art, mood lighting and other specialist equipment.
- Memory stations have been placed around the homes.
- Significant refurbishment has been made to ensure a warm and welcoming environment whilst considering the specialised needs of dementia residents, such as bathroom adaptations, new flooring, and furnishings, signage and lighting with the dementia resident in mind.
- Our residents have a dedicated activities area with specialised activities that have proven to be beneficial to people affected by dementia causing illnesses.
- Memory boxes have been fitted outside of each bedroom utilising acrylic glass for safety reasons. These will be filled with the help of residents, their families and their friends in order to personalise their bedrooms and assist them in recognising their own bedroom.
- The outdoor garden area whilst secure retains a relaxing ambience for residents and their visitors to enjoy.
- Suitable locks and alarms have been fitted to ensure the safety of our residents. Keypad locks have also been installed at various strategic locations to enhance safety protocols.
- Discreet pressure pads have been provided where required to further ensure the safety of our residents.
MEET THE TEAM
I am the Care Manager of Newfield Lodge Dementia Care Home. I lead the team that contributed to the changes and innovation of Newfield Lodge being set as a dementia home .
My passion for care is extraordinary and I lead the team to ensure the safety, dignity and well-being of the residents is maintained at all times.
I have been with the company over 14 years and work in all the sister homes within the group, starting as an assistant carer and working my way up, progressing to senior carer, deputy manager and now the role of care manager. I have gained my NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Management. My strongest belief in leadership is to lead by example.
I strongly believe that everyone should be treated with respect, dignity and as an individual to meet their care needs. I have the skills and compassion needed to recognize each resident’s needs and create a care plan to incorporate these needs.
I have been at Newfield Lodge since 2015 and came in as a Carer an was promoted to Senior Carer after 4 months.
I have always been in care and can’t imagine doing anything else. My passion is the residents, I love them.
I am the Business Administrator for Lakeview Rest Homes.
Originally from South Africa, I moved to St Annes 7 years ago. I came to Lakeview with a vast amount of knowledge and experience in many areas of administration and accounts.
I am very organised and the managers rely on me to get everything they need from biscuits to bedding to enable the smooth running of their homes and maintain the high standards we deliver.
My role includes payroll, recruitment, purchases and event planning and co-ordination. Whilst I have many responsibilities, my favourite part of my job is the event planning and co-ordination side. This enables me to mix and socialise with residents and staff, nothing is more rewarding than people enjoying themselves and having fun.
NEWFIELD LODGE GALLERY
READ OUR CAREHOME REVIEWS
ENQUIRE ABOUT NEWFIELD LODGE
If you have any questions with regards to any of our four homes, please contact us on our enquiry line on 01253 922688 or 07885 570870. Or email us at enquiries@LakeviewRestHomes.co.uk. Alternatively you could use our live chat facility on the bottom right of the page or fill in the enquiry for on our contact us page.
“The home has a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere and it is apparent that trusting relationships exist between the care staff and the service users”…
Care Quality Commission Inspector